- Rebecca Bell-Metereau is a dedicated teacher and an award-winning professor of English and film at Texas State University.
- Rebecca is dedicated to providing Texas schoolchildren with a 21st Century education
- Rebecca is committed to reducing our over-reliance on high-stakes testing.
- Rebecca will ensure that our $46 billion Permanent School Fund is invested wisely and used solely to improve public education in Texas.
- Rebecca’s husband, Pierre Metereau, is a Vietnam veteran and retired teacher. Their two adult daughters attended and graduated from San Marcos public schools.
The State Board of Education sets policies and standards for Texas public schools. There are 15 members, each elected from a district. District 5 — redrawn by the Texas Legislature last year to reflect population growth — includes Bastrop, Blanco, Caldwell, Guadalupe, Hays and Travis counties and the Austin portion of Williamson County.